Saturday, October 3, 2009

Monday night dinners

Perhaps inspired by the fact that Chad has taken up responsibility for Friday night dinners, and perhaps also influenced by her new cookbook, Nimue announced that she was now in charge of Monday night dinners. While this means more work for me in the short term, I'm humoring the request as it seems the sort of thing that will be good for all involved in the long term. Nimue being artistically inclined, presentation of food is very important, as can be seen in the Potato Tuna Fish Cakes that we had last Monday:

3 comments:

eileen said...

Oh, too too funny! I LIKE the fish cakes, Nimue! You're getting to be a pretty creative cook.

Gramma

Di said...

Cool! =) What new cookbook did she get? Brianna and Gillian both frequently ask to help me cook and bake, and they might like another cookbook.

Ma said...

The cookbook was "Children's Quick & Easy Cookbook" by Angela Wilkes; my mom brought it down for her. I've been letting her make easy things like banana bread on her own too, now that she's figured out how not to create a flour storm with the stand mixer.