Monday, February 22, 2010

Ski Week

Here in our part of California, the schools have a delightful habit of giving kids the whole week containing Presidents' Day off for "Ski Week", so of course we had to take advantage of it by heading up to the hills. Here are just a few photos for you to enjoy:

Happy Nimue in Downieville -- she got to play with Grandma Linda while Chad and I got to ski in the backcountry up by Yuba Pass.


We hit what I think of as the "Freaky Warm Week of February", when it seems like April. Needless to say, this can lead to some odd snow conditions -- those snail-shaped snowballs started from Chad's turn, growing as they rolled down the hill. (Not pictured is the Anna-sized snowball that apparently chased me down the hill before falling apart. I didn't see it, but wondered why Chad was laughing so hard behind me....)


Nimue the intrepid skier at the top of the hill at Donner Ski Ranch. We treated her to a couple more days of lessons at Sugarbowl before skiing with her all day on Saturday, and she's really found her edges. She's competent on steep blue trails, and particularly likes the halfpipe. (What have I spawned???)


After a week in the house alone, the cat has turned into a meow monster and drooled all over me. All human parties have various minor bruises and tired legs, but are otherwise sound and happy.

No comments: