Saturday, May 30, 2020

Day 76 of out captivity: Big bag o’ cheese

Sorry it’s been a few days...I keep hoping others in the house will chime in and do some of these.  There have been things going on:  the kid’s last week of high school classes (complete with pulling an all-nighter to finish one last project), the arrival of Chad’s inexpensive bandsaw, the misbehavior and deconstruction of the espresso machine, the continued 4am yowlfest  saga of Bobber vs the neighbor cat Stripo, and more.  Maybe you will hear more about those later as the stories develop.

For now, the joy of the week was that my long-standing favorite cheese/vegetable/weird-fancy-food market The Milk Pail, which closed up shop about a year ago, has resuscitated itself as a pop-up market in these pandemic times.  You put in an online order on Tuesday for either a small bag, a large bag, or a specialty bag, and the they give you a time slot to pick things up at a tent outside a small warehouse in an obscure industrial pocket of Mountain View on the weekend.  This week’s specialty bag was a festival of cheeses with accompaniments, so that was what I picked.

This afternoon, I drove over at my assigned time with my order number taped to the window, got in line, and picked up the bag of yum.



Whereas I would have picked out a weirder set of cheeses If left to my own devices, what we got promises to be good, and I am happy to see them back in business.  And now I have my source for good vanilla and frozen chocolate croissant dough again!

No comments: