Sunday, December 20, 2009

Spinning rides



As a reward for being good when dragged to the holiday lunch at the museum Friday afternoon, I took Nimue over to San Jose's Christmas in the Park installation. She dutifully ran around admiring all the Christmas trees -- even took notes on all the kinds of ornaments she wants to make for our tree -- and then I bought her a ticket for the merry-go-round. Of course, then she started looking wistfully at all the other rides, and somehow I found myself getting on a brightly colored spinning rotating up-and-down flying balloon thingie with her. I haven't been on one of those for probably at least 10 years. We laughed maniacally, spun faster than anyone else, and stumbled off dizzily, cracking up even the dour jaded ride operator. However, to my chagrin, I realized my stomach is not quite as resistant to motion-induced queasiness as it used to be -- particularly not after having first a fine holiday potluck lunch in Nimue's classroom followed by too much addictive artichoke dip at the museum's Christmas lunch.

Ho ho oooooh...

No comments: