Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Silly Bike Fun

After the walkathon, Chad rode Nim's bike back to the car (she had come to school that morning by bike, I walked over for the walkathon, and he brought the car since he had to rush over from work. Her current bike is now big enough that he can sort of ride it without too much danger of bruising his chin with his knees :) There's some talk of him borrowing it for some ride around Moffet Field that is brewing (the race component of said ride doesn't seem interesting, but the "ride a goofy bike in goofy clothes component" does...

In other bike fun news, the weather continues to treat us kindly, so Chad recently had an excellent mountain bike ride out at Henry Coe State Park, and I've been replacing memories of cold misery along Skyline Blvd. with warm ecstatic ones. This morning, I rode out toward Shoreline to exorcise the memory of the horrible headwind I encountered there a couple of weeks ago when riding Nimue on the tandem, and while it was warm and mostly windless today, there were many clouds of little gnats. Blecch. I tried really hard to keep my mouth closed. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I just had to laugh because there were several bug splats on my forehead. Didn't think I was going that fast...

No comments: