Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Let them eat cake



Last weekend Mom was craving cake. So I made one.

After following every instruction to the letter, I pulled the cake out of the oven...



Well, that's never happened before. Even though I've made the recipe countless times? At least the inside is salvageable.


...Sorta. Man, that's ugly. Tastes kinda smoky too... It'll look nicer after we frost it, right?



 After frosting (and sprinkles!), it still looks ugly. At least it tastes good... right? I can't believe the sprinkle treatment didn't work! This goes against all I've ever learned about cake beautification! THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!! ....Ahem.


Anyway, here's the moral of the story: Next time Mom wants cake, let her wimp out and buy one from Sprouts instead.

Even though you're the best cake baker in the world.

Don't be offended. Please don't. Sprouts is just better than you.

No comments: