Wednesday, August 7, 2013

More sightseeing and silliness


The last batch of Quebec photos, I promise...

Zoom in to spot Nimue in the longhouse at the Huron site in Wendake:

She was right under the canoe.

Later, she pretended to be an inukshuk

Lest you think Nimue was the only mimic in the bunch, here's Chad:

Nimue responds to parental goofiness by trying (and failing) to re-orient the cannon toward us.

A little bit of rain was not a problem.

We climbed the remains of an old mill along the Jacques-Cartier River.

Nimue played with dried-out mud


and we discovered a road lined with old bread-baking outbuildings.  If you look closely, you see that this one was built in 1652.
Chad and I rode by Montmorency Falls, where I noted that it looked to be about the same size as Snoqualmie Falls (default from my youth of what a waterfall should be).   
When I got home, I looked up the stats:
Montmorency Falls: 84 meters tall, 46 meters wide
Snoqualmie Falls: 82 meters tall, 28 meters wide
so my eyes and memory are not so bad.


Some nights Nimue was all to ready to go to bed,
 and some nights she wasn't!

No comments: